Sunday, July 09, 2006

After months of not being able to access my blog I got onto the support team who pointed out I was trying to log in with the wrong user name...d'oh!
So much has happened in the last few months. As most of you know Haley, Jo and Emily are relocating to Kalgoorlie for work prospects. Jo actually left last Sunday in the wee hours of the morning loaded up like the Leyland Brothers. He has only ever been as far as Northern NSW in the past so it was a huge adventure driving to the other side of the country. Haley and Emily will now stay with us until sometime after the new baby is born (due Oct 8th the day after my daughter Jodie was born). It's an absolute joy having them here, Emily is just the sweetest little thing and very well behaved for a three year old, though she doesn't shut up from the time she wakes up til the time she goes to bed. She is a wealth of information....I have learnt all about farts and the comings and goings of fairies, and how you make purple when you mix red and blue (that was done on my dining room table with tubes of paint I had left lying around lol).
The school holidays are almost over and I survived relatively unscathed. We seem to be the house for sleepovers and on any given night over the last fortnight we have had teen girls sleeping over and giggling into the early hours of morning....man can they eat, its been a constant trip back and forth to the shops for chips and chocolate and yet they are all built like bean poles! Ebony went on a shopping trip today with one of her friends (and a purse full of money thanks to dear old Dad...). She came home with a pair of skinny leg jeans which are apparently a hot fashion item, a thin little jumper that won't keep anything warm, a pair of tracky dacks which cost more than three of mine put together, a hot pink tiara???? and black tights...she bought talls so more than half the legs have to get tucked inside her shoes lol.
When she goes back to school I will have to get stuck into painting her room. She pointed out that it has been 12 years since her room was last painted and she has outgrown the teddy bear wall paper border. Against my better judgement I let her choose the paint which is lime green.....yikes....how I will ever get to the walls is beyond me, as she one have to be the messiest person I know, I feel ill when I walk into her room...clothes all over the floor mixed with wet smelly towels, chip packets and lolly wrappers scattered everywhere and ...well you get the picture.
I took the photo of Emily the other day while she was playing dress ups...She gave me an impromptu ballet performance which brought tears to my eyes lol...her collection of dress up clothes is growing rapidly and we often head off to the shops dressed sa princess or hula girl (her not me)...I vow to keep my blog up to date now I remember my user name so I will see you all in a few days!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh Bev ROFL I *almost* asked if you were using the right name or password but thought that was too cheeky!! *giggle*

Doesn't Miss Em look like such an adorable ballerina! What a lovely time you are having with your gorgeous grandie, loving this photo of her! :-)

Chrissy xx

Robyn said...

Oh Bev this is a scream! I love it when you describe your household..mine is so boring!!!
Have fun with emily and just think one more day until Ebony goes back to school!

Tess said...

what a crackup!..fancy you forgetting your username!!! i'm shocked!!...i do hope that Haley has her bubba on the 9th Oct!! then we'll have yet another thing in common LOL my DGS Keiran is the 9th!!!!