Saturday, July 15, 2006

Last Thursday night Martin, Ebony and I went late night shopping...our mission....to buy Eb a pair of shoes she had seen on a previous shopping trip. When we found the shoes they didn't have her size and straight away she developed the dreaded teenage tanty...crossed arms, sulky face and snappy one word answers. Ever the optimist Martin thought we should try all the other shoe shops to see if we could find another pair she liked...12 shops later still no success. There was tension in the air and Ebonys mood had gotten worse if thats possible. I was starting to lose it, she was being a real brat! Martin wanted to keep looking and I on the other hand wanted to grab her by the scruff of the neck and frog march her back to the car and get her nothing. In the end I sat on a seat while they kept looking and eventually they came back with a pair of shoes she "sort of liked"..aaarrrgghh! We had planned on grabbing a bite to eat while we were there but somehow we had lost our appetites, wonder why lol. As we were leaving I spotted a gorgeous suede vest on sale at Pumpkin Patch and bought it for Emily. She is wearing it in the photo above. Don't know why she is pouting, maybe she has been hanging around Ebony for too long!
Ok I have got that off my chest, am I the only mother of a brat???

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

LOL Bev, little Emily looks so cute with that pout though! *giggle* Incredibly scrappable outfit there Nanny!! ;)

As for your big girl, I actually like shopping with my Emily BUT *HATE* shoe shopping with a passion, nothing is right, nothing feels right and 6 shops later I am over it too!

At least Ebony got some LOL Emily would only wear these grungy slip on things for months because we couldn't find anything to replace them! Ugh!

Anonymous said...

love Emily's vest!! And the pout- wahat a beauty! So glad you found your user name- it is fun reading your blog.
suew

Deb said...

Love Em's coat Bev - have you scrapped it yet?

Goddluck with Ebony :)


Hugs
TD xoxox