Sunday, April 16, 2006

The other day we bought Emily a swingset so she would have something to amuse herself when the weather gets too cold to swim in our pool. She thought they were pretty cool and played on them for a while....till she found my mop and started playing horsies...isn't that always the way?? I remember when we were kids there were no sofisticated toys, just a big back yard and a vivid imagination. I can't believe it when Ebony tells me she is bored and has nothing to do...she has a laptop, ipod, mobile phone, ps2, karaoke machine, DVD and TV all in her room. When we were kids a piece of rope was all it took to keep us amused for hours. I must be getting old I am sounding like my mother!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

LOL I hear ya Bev! My sister and I would spend hours playing on our swings or trying to "fly" by running down the hill with an open umbrella! *giggle*

Fab photo of Em btw! :-)
Chrissy x

Robyn said...

No I was just saying the same thing this morning to some other teachers..it is a sad situation as a lot of children can't make up games!!!! Good on Emily!
Mine have well over 100 acres and still say they are bored! Simon suggests going oput to the back paddock and pulling weeds and boy they suddenly have heaps to do! LOL
Love the tale about your childhood.