Saturday, April 15, 2006

I couldn't put it off any longer....today I had to go for a haircut. I always leave it until my hair has gotten to the embarrassing stage, in my case it had grown into a mullet. I'm not into the whole hairdressing thing, I just want them do do their best and let me out of there. I don't particularly want to indulge in idle chit chat with the sixteen year old apprentice wearing her bum crack jeans, I don't want to read the old issues of New Idea and I am certainly not interested in the leave in conditioner with a SPF factor of fifteen plus. No frills, just cut my hair so I can go home. I stopped off at the chemist on my way home to get a hair colour....something to cover up the skunk strip of grey that has taken over the front of my fringe. How confusing!!! Not one of them say "light brown " on the packet!! Moccha Delight, Honey Gold....they sounded like hot beverages! In the end I went for one that had a picture of an older lady on the packaging and hoped like hell I wasn't going to end up with light mauve hair. You would think applying this stuff would be dead easy but straight away I came up against an obstacle. The gloves they give you are flat little things stuck to the instruction sheet....My big fat hands don't even come close to gliding inside them so they end up in the bin. I just squeeze the gloop all over my head, mash it around a bit and wait twenty minutes and voila! Brown hair!...and brown ears...and brown palms! No more haircuts for me now until SWIG in July!

5 comments:

Angelrat said...

Hey, I have that skunk thing too! I can so relate to the hairdresser thing, that's why I go to Just Cuts cos they dont try to con you into getting other stuff done!

Happy Easter to you, and I hope you got lots of eggs!

Linda.

Chris Millar said...

Hi Bev! Lovely to see you blogging! Always enjoyed reading your banter, so now I can come and read all the time!
Now, do we get to see a pic of the new do??

Deb said...

Bev - have to agree with you on the hairdresser banter. I am really lucky, my hairdresser doesn't speak much, so I can just go and veg out. As or the hair colour names - good luck with getting the right one I say.

Easter hugs
TD xoxox

DenimAngel said...

Ha, ha, ha, chuckle, chuckle, chuckle Bev you crack me up. Now me, I hate the hairdresser thing too but your interpretation of getting the colour in is very amusing. My hairdresser comes here, each of the kids as we find them gets on the chair has their hair cut and is on their way. I have never coloured my hair but I found my first little grey one (this week) lol and you have made me very scared.

Robyn said...

I am there with you Bev and it is nearly time again for me! When palying Celebrity Heads yesterday with the children they kept looking at my hair ..finally asking what the problem was they said all at the one time..look at your grey hair! really makes your day!!! Not! so it looks like some more decorating for me too!