Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well somehow six months has slipped by since I last updated, I have no idea where that time went! This cute photo was taken at Emily's 6th birthday party which was at the end of May. She had a night time birthday party and then ten of her little friends slept over (brave on Haleys part). I took over as entertainment committee and we all had a blast doing the limbo, conga line and (much to Ebonys disgust) I taught them a few golden oldy specialty dances such as the monkey and the sprinkler...fun was had by all...although Ebony told me I was sooooo embarrassing and she wouldn't come to a kids party with me again...she is just jealous I can do the sprinkler dance better than her!
In other news Haley is expecting her third baby early October...we already know it's a girl and I for one am so happy...gotta love little girls.
I have broadened my work experience and now work a few days a week at the Surfers Paradise Golf Club as a waitress, barista and dishpig.....and I know what you are all thinking...and you are soooo right...I should NOT be a waitress lol....hard to turn corners and keep that darn food on the plate...it's just lucky my sister is the bistro manager and chef...when she sees me head back to the kitchen she just remakes the order no questions asked. Have to say I use the term barista very loosley as well, there is no way I could rock up to a coffee shop and apply for a job...this whole coffee thing is a bit of crock really...flat white, latte, Cappacino...all the same except the order of the way you pour it into the cup is a bit different...my theory anyway.
Other news...I have been sleepwalking on a regular basis...something I haven't done in years...Ebony got up at 4 o'clock one morning to find me with a feather duster in hand doing a bit of cleaning....have also been found washing the wardrobe doors in the middle of the night, quizzed by Martin as to what exactly i was wandering around the house looking for...to be told..a cigarette lighter to light the chip fryer??? (that's a bit freaky) and just the other night I woke up freeezing cold and found myself lying in the bath - no water thank God. Odd behaviour, I know it's brought on by stress but I haven't bothered going to the doctor because he would send me for tests...and I would put the referal in the glove box with the faeces jar, urine jar, colonoscopy request form, zyban prescription and blood test forms...no point really.
Thats all for now, I am sure I will think of some more news which I will add later when it comes to me!

No comments: