Wednesday, October 11, 2006



Here is my beautiful new grand daughter Ella Grace born at 9.27 am on the 11th Oct 2006 weighing 7lb 2 ozs

Jo arrived home from the mines yesterday afternoon and Haley went into labour at 9 o'clock that night...Talk about good timing! They left for the hospital just after 4 am and I was like a caged animal until they rang with the good news.

When Emily woke up I told her that daddy and mummy were at the hospital and she replied "is Ella getting out today?' kinda like a jail break lol. Keeping Em entertained was real work, I cut her toast into squares instead of triangles which was a real big deal and then I couldn't get the DVD player to work and had to call on the kid next door for help....seems I had the remote control; facing the wrong way lol....as the day wore on her anxiety grew because she though Dad wasnt coming back, which was causing tears every five minutes....I stopped at nothing trying to keep her entertained doing my best interpretation of the song Old Man Emu, playing Barbies complete with sassy accents, made a fruit bowl with fruit out of blocks (ever seen a square orange?) sat through Boobah, Wiggles, Blues clues and countless other preschool shows and even let her make her own strawberry quik...more quik than milk.

I thought she would be so pleased when we went to see Mum and the new baby but just after arriving she asked me to take her home..Didn't want to stay with Mum and Dad....Sobbed non stop all the way home, refused to let me read the books that were a gift from baby Ella (mum tried to plan for everything)...She is really out of sorts the poor little buggar.

Jo is not sending her to kindy tomorrow, he is going to take her to TimeZone to whack crabs (some game she loves) and buy a special baby doll so she can have her own baby to look after (My idea, remember that Golden Book "Baby Dear "?rofl)

Haley just rang to tell me they have put Ella in the special care nursery for tonight as she had several episodes of not being able to breathe...they put tubes down her throat to suck out the mucous which is causing the problems and have assured Haley she will be fine.....Haley should try and get a good nights sleep while the baby is being cared for......geez break out the stiff drinks!!

I am babbling I will share more when we are all sane again...thanks everyone for the well wishes...I am going to bed to ready myself for the toast routine tomorrow morning!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorably gorgeous baby!!How exciting that Ella arrived in time for her dad to be there. Poor Miss Emily....I hope she has a great day tomorrow.
Sleep well and I look forward to seeing your layouts about Ella.
Congratulations to all!!
Cheers
Anna
xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bev, what a beautiful photo.

parkyslot said...

How cute and adorable. They are lovely when they are little
Well done Bev and congrats to your family on your newest edition.

Cheers
Parky

Anonymous said...

She is so gorgeous Bev!! Have you started a LO yet?????
Hope Emily is better today. Maybe if you get the toast routine right, she will sail through the day!!!!
Love
Sue W

Susan C said...

Poor Em, the big sister thing has finally become a reality. Fingers crossed she adapts soon. Ella is just lovely.

DenimAngel said...

Congratulations Bev. I dropped back in here thinking to myself no, you only looked last night and here you have a picture up of Ella already. Have you managed to scrap one yet too lol. And wow about the timing that is good.
Susan

Tess said...

she's just adorable Bev, and looks a little like her big sister. good size too!!...
Sounds like reality has hit and poor Em has realized that now she has to share all her toys!!! lock up those barbies LOL..
hope she's better for you today, i find whacking crabs is a good way to vent especially when nan keeps cutting the toast the wrong way!!..

Robyn said...

Ella is beautiful and I am sure she will be fine. You did well to get through the day and teach a class in the night!

Mish said...

How beautiful is that new granddaughter of yours? OMG so adorable... Look forward to seeing many layouts with both girls on them.

(((((Hugggles)))))) to Miss Em, I hope she has a better day today.

Remember Nanny check how she wants her toast cut, and remember always have a back up piece... LOL

Mel said...

Congratulations...Ella is absolutely gorgeous.

Mel xox

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a brand new granddaughter. She is just so precious, Bev.
Hope both mum and bub are feeling better today.
Rani had a very similar reaction the first time she saw Mali in hospital. After she had a nurse she was ready to go home. I think it's the hospital environment they don't like.
Love the name!
Cheers,
Heiki

Chrissy said...

Hope you got my sms love. :-)

She's just darling Bev, such a little cherub and I think she looks a lot like Miss Em too! Hope all is going well now for our little aussie grandbaby, such an exciting time for everyone, I'm sure Emily will be in big sister mode before you know it.

Hugs and much love on the newest little blessing!
Chrissy xx

Jody said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter Bev! She is just perfect. :)

Michelle B said...

Congrats to you all, glad things went swimmingly for Hayley, but poor you with having to look after sad miss Em. I hope she adjusts quickly! Miss Ella is a total stunner, so I can't wait to see the beautiful LOs you will create - lucky you having such gorgeous grandies to scrap!

Michelle B

jacqui jones said...

oh wow congratulations to your family onthe arrival of little ella she is beautiful as is her name just lovely.

Chris Millar said...

How totally gorgeous little Ella is! Congrats on becoming a Grandma again Bev!