Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your special day, I know I sure did! My day started with a Mc Donalds breakfast which Jodie brought home for me...a deli bacon and egg roll and cappucino...very yum but I had to skip lunch as those suckers are loaded with calories...I was starving by tea time. I was spoilt this year and got new pajamas, new dresses and shoes, a step machine and Eb got me a tiny little gold heart on a chain that says Mum. My sil was down for the day so we went to one of the big shopping centres for some retail therapy....I just had to get a new cordless phone as our old one died and its hell without it...the phone rings up to twenty times a night between 5 pm and 8 pm...all the calls for Eb.....she has had to slum it and talk on the wall phone in the kitchen which is a drama in itself...she has to whisper so we can't hear and she shoots me a dirty look every time I walk into the kitchen like I have just ruined the party...so today I got a nice new cordless with two handsets so I can leave one in her room so she doesnt ever have to leave the "cave" except for food or toilet...it works for both of us!
Lost 1 kilo this week bringing my weight to 72.6...boy it was hard this week, we had Martins birthday and two nights over the weekend with takeaway....while they scoffed their pizza and KFC I made myself proper low fat meals and passed on the mud cake which just about killed me, it would be so much easier if it were fashionable to be "slightly rounded".
Martin had a fantastic birthday on Wednesday. Jodie and Duane got him new runners...He was thrilled to bits as his existing ones are older than Ebony! New clothes and socks and jocks, but the present he was most excited about came from his brother and sister..they got him a gift voucher to drive 5 laps in a v8 supercar at Willowbank raceway over the June long weekend...he carried on like a little kid, I have never ever seen him that excited...and to think I tried to talk them out of it as I didn't think he would take a day off to do it! I cant wait til its over as every time we go somewhere in the car he practices maintaining constant speed around sweeping curves...I shit myself (more than ever) now every time we go out...
Jodies boyfriend works at Melba's Nightclub here on the Gold Coast, a job he started just a few weeks ago...every afternoon we get his excited run down on his previous nights work, how he had to have his photo taken with a group of bikini girls, how he met someone famous..blah blah...but on Saturday he was very quiet..when I asked how work went he blurted out"do I look gay to you??" Apparently he was having a good old natter with some bloke until he realised he was being chatted up rofl! Martin is having a field day with that one..
In an effort to make exercise a little more interesting I bought myself a hula hoop this week. I suck at it big time but every afternoon, I go out the back to give it my best shot...nothing wrong with that...the other day I hear Ebony and 3 of her friends in hysterics in her room...when I go to see what's going on I got the shock of my life...Eb had secretly filmed one of my hula sessions and put it on her "my space" set to the music of "I like to move it move it". I look like a whale trying to jump through a hoop, it is truly one of the most embarrassing things I have seen...I have asked her to take it off but she won't...that's ok I will wait till she wants to go somewhere and the ball will be back in my court...exercise is one of my pitfalls I hate everything about it...Jodie loaned me her pilates dvd's and I was really keen ......for about 60 seconds....I don't know what happened to my flexiness but I can't lay on my back with my legs raised AND lift my head off the floor....not even for a few seconds....the skipping rope I bought is now in Emily's toybox as I discovered I pee when I skip and after nearly knocking myself out with my hand weights, they too have been retired....so this new stepper will be interesting I know the idea is to try and do it for half an hour but I do a half dozen steps and my legs ache so I quit....and unfortunately you don't burn many calories lying on the couch watching Dr Phil...bummer!
Emily turns 4 in a few weeks and this year Haley decided on a party at Hungry Jacks as Emily has been to a few and like the idea...I was shattered at first because it meant I won't be needed for mouse cakes or M &M slice but then Haley softened the blow by telling me I am in charge of party bags...woohoo, I am thinking of doing fairy slippers..Stay tuned for that one!! (meaning I have no clue how to do that just yet!)
Well thats about it for this weeks check in, catch you all in 7 days

8 comments:

Tess said...

i am in stitches...
can you please send me ebony's my space address OR at least put your video clip on here so i can see what i'm in fits over!! so not fair that you wont share with us ROFLMAO

Bev said...

absolutely no way!!!!!! It is dreadful and I should be grounding her for humiliating me rofl

Susan C said...

Bev you have a blog that you can upload 'incriminating' photos to. Likewise you have some techno savy friends who can help you load video to YouTube. Please make sure this information is passed on to your youngest daughter :-)

I'm sure your DD might then be happy to remove 'offensive' video from a certain myspace account. Of course, like Tess - I'd love to see it as well.

Leanne said...

Bev you crack me up. I am very new to the blogging world, but honestly reading back through some of your entries is such good therapy for the soul...you are a fantastic scrapper and wow you are a genius with the way you write, I love it. I agree you should be grounding Ebony, but right after you talk her into sharing that video!!! LOL

Chrissy said...

Oh Bev, she's pure naughtiness that Eb!! *giggle* Of course now I want to see that clip too! hee hee

Good luck with the party bags I KNOW they are going to turn out absolutely pure magic! :)

Leanne said...

Hi Bev again, thankyou for leaving a comment on my blog. I am Scrapbits1970 in the Scrapheap. I have managed to put a link on my blog that takes you to my gallery..I wont tell you how many hours that took me to work out, but I was so impressed with myself once I did LOL..yay for blogging this is so much fun..Chrissy introduced me to this, my husband is scratching his head trying to work out how I can be so intrigued LOL, I must need a life!!!

Michelle B said...

Oh Bev, totally PMSL at the thought of that myspace video. But if its any comfort, you have 13 years of incriminating photos of Eb that you could choose to post anywhere and everywhere, but most importantly that you could bring out whenever her friends/boyfriends/potential boyfriends/fiances etc come over.

I must admit that I had to giggle over the peeing when you jump rope - being recently postnatal after baby number 3 - I SO relate!

Michelle B

Anonymous said...

Bev do you not feel like changing your music on your blog to "I like to move it, move it" rofl. What I would give to see that video. I reckon we could bribe Ebony lol.
Jackie