Friday, May 04, 2007


Go on ask me how I went with the diet! I fair dinkum didn't cheat once this week and I'm happy to say I lost 2.4 kilos so I am now 73.6...and bloody Martin has blitzed it on the Tony Furguson diet going from 85 kilos to 79.6 ...over 5 kilos!! I had to burst his bubble a bit and warn him that when he starts eating normal food again he wont lose anywhere near that much. I have to begrudgingly admit he deserves the success he has stuck to the plan like glue. I try to eat the same as him for tea but tonight it was some steamed fish in a pouch bizzo and I was dry reaching as it was cooking.....I bailed out and had something different. As you can see my roller blading technique hasn't improved, it takes a split second to fall and five minutes to get up again...also love the arm action at least they get a good work out lol.
I have just suffered yet another embarrassing moment..Eb asked me to take her to the video shop so I changed out of my pj's into a pair of jeans that were lying on my bedroom floor. While we were standing in the shop I felt something on my foot and thinking it was a bug, flicked my leg....it was a pair of undies that must have been in the leg of my jeans...of course it couldnt happen in an empty shop, it was jammed packed...I got looks varying from sympathy to a smartarse grin on one teenage boys face...I felt like grabbing the undies and rubbing that smirk clean off his face! This has happened to me before, you should always check the legs of your jeans before you put them on
Went shopping the other day to get Martins birthday present (it's next Wednesday) He is so hard to buy for, all he likes is t-shirts and shorts, he has no hobbies aside from watching telly ..and chocolates are out this year because of his diet....so shorts and shirts was what I got...but while I was in Big W....which in my opinion is the BEST shop I saw two dresses I liked so I rang Jodie and asked if she would like to buy me a dress for Mothers Day which she jumped at....and the other one...well that can be from Martin...my expensive taste astounds me, they were 24.95 each!! lol
Eb was with me and was horrified at my choices and said they looked like mu mu's and begged me not to get them.....hello!!!! I can't exactly get around in skinny leg jeans and crop tops! (Well I could put I would need to pass out buckets). Eb bought herself another eyeliner...what is it with teenage girls and eyeliner??? I could put my foot down and tell her she isn't allowed to wear makeup but as we all know that would immediately put me in the "so gay" bracket and also the "you just don't get it" bracket as well, so I will save my battles for more important issues like body piercings. It was lunchtime by the time we had finished so we went to the food court to grab a bite...Eb had Maccas and I wandered from kiosk to kiosk and couldn't find a single thing that even looked remotely low fat..so I had to sit around dozens of people scoffing their faces while I drank a diet coke...while I was there I observed how many people have a g string hanging out when they sit down....I mean half way up their backs.... for blokes it's bum cracks, I don't know what's worse! Do you do that.??..observe people while you are sitting around??...I can't believe how many people pull out wedgies or scratch their bums or worse still drop a fart while they are walking around and don't give it a second thought...I save all that stuff for the privacy of my own home. It's the same when you are sitting in your car in traffic and you see the person in the car ahead of you looking for treasure in their noses...having a real good dig around without even checking to see if anyone is looking...
My personal favourite is the toff nosed ladies in high heels that check out their reflections in the shop windows as they walk past...when I catch my reflection I think, god who's that fat chick lol
We have had our fair share of bickering over homework and assignments this week ..so damn stressful! Ebony is hopeless at organising herself and leaves everything till the last minute then starts bitching and carrying on...thank god for the internet, when I was a kid you had to look it up in the encyclopedia...and ours were so old a lot of world events hadn't even happened yet....wouldn't you be spewing if you were an encyplopedia salesman now....it all fits on a compact disc lol
That's it folks, I did warn I wouldnt have much news if I updated weekly!! I will try for some sort of disaster for next week I promise!


5 comments:

Shazz said...

OMG BEV !!!!!!!!!!
i have called for an ambulance (no wise cracks about men in uniforms thanks) to administer oxygen to me cause i have been laughing so loudly that i can't get my breath and think i have cracked a rib.
you make me laugh hysterically and with all my soul - i reckon you need to write a book about your exploits.

your undies story happened to a friend of mine but she traipsed off to woolies with her undies hanging out of her jeans and who should point out her faux par...????
one of her students - she is a highschool teacher. how embarrassing.

are you off to the SWIG...??? i would have loved to be going but have a VERY busy month ahead so have a great time won't you...???

enjoy your weekend xxoo

p.s. yay for you and hubby sticking to your diets...i think i need to go see mr ferguson too.

Chrissy said...

ROFL Bev!! I had kinda the opposite happen to me. I thought it must have been a rogue pair of undies caught in the pants leg of my jeans from the dryer so wasn't too concerned until the "movement" I could feel was actually a huntsman spider!! :-O Imagine me totally freaking out in the middle of the front yard. I almost ripped my pants of then and there! Makes my skin crawl even thinking about it!! UGH!!

Robyn said...

Congratulations on th weight loss Bev and Martin this is wonderful.

DenimAngel said...

ROFLOL I'm sorry but you made me accidently poke my baby in the eye (my fault for reading your BLOG whiles BF).
Susan

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Bev. That's a great result for only one week. Loooved the undies story, it's always funny when it happens to somebody else. Wasn't that funny when it happened to me a few years ago though and I don't think it will happen to me ever again, lol.